- Job Number:731644
- Business Unit / Group Function:Platinum
- Work type:Full Time Permanent
Plan sequence execution of work
Report possible defects and plan the action needed to rectify the risk or defect
Makes informed technical decisions
Stop the operation if the working conditions are unsafe
Changing tasks and machine settings to minimize the effect of unexpected problems
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This role of Fitter is to maintain, install and commission engineering components of the machinery and equipment to an
agreed standard in the area of responsibility
WORK OF ROLE (INCLUDING AUTHORITIES AND OUTPUTS)
Work of Role Output Achievement of safe production performance levels through the effective maintenance of equipment
Attend and conduct Safety meeting
Conducts and participate in Risk assessments
Allocate tasks to subordinates
Attend to Breakdowns and emergencies as required
Ensure that material, spares and equipment are
available as required
Ensure proper and adequate on the job training and
coaching is provided to subordinates
Comply to environmental requirements
Exercise judgment with regards to replacement of
Maintains a high quality of work
Timely and accurate information
Records results of all legal examinations in the
Managerially accountable to
Direct reports Engineering Learner
Key internal role relationships
Section Engineer/ Engineering Overseer
Repairs and maintenance
Allocation of work
Assessment of Learners and subordinates
Sharing of information
Problem identification and
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS
Grade 10 or Technical Trade Specific N2
Certified Competent as Fitter
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
English literate (speak, read and write)
Must be able to do standby and overtime
Must be familiar with risk assessments procedures
Valid driving license code 08
Basic Computer Skills
How To Apply?
- Anglo American Platinum shall apply the Employment Equity principles as set out in Anglo Platinum’s Employment Equity Policy.
- Incomplete CV’s and /or applications will not be considered.
- Application will not be considered without a valid copy of the qualification and/or the license required for this role.
- Interested Internal candidates can apply as follows: click on EUREKA! / Tools / Job Opportunities / Click on “Search Here”/ Enter the reference number or job title and continue to apply
- Interested External candidates can apply as follows: www.angloamerican.com / Careers/ Job Opportunities / Click on Apply/ Job search / Enter the reference number or job title and continue to apply
- If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the closing of the advert, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Fraud Alert! Help us beat fraud.
Anglo American Platinum would never ask you for money in exchange for a job interview. Anglo American Platinum has a formal online recruitment process to advertise vacancies, which provides a unique job number for tracking purposes. Visit AngloAmerican.jobopportunities for more details. Please be cautious of anyone claiming to be from, Anglo American Platinum who makes false job offers, asks for money to participate in an employment process or runs a fake job lottery.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you might have received a suspicious email or sms. Report all suspicious activity to your local law enforcement authorities.”
- Location:North West Province
Advertised: South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time