Sasol Mining operates six coal mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain. The coal supplied to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) is mainly used as gasification feedstock and some is used to generate electricity. The coal supplied to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam. We also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
An Artisan/Senior Artisan is responsible for the management of the maintenance process in the area of responsibility, to enable mining teams to reach production targets within the principles of the QCDSM.
- Manage control and maintain equipment in area of responsibility
- Safety management and risk assessment
- Ensure that COPs and SOPs are understood and adhered to
- Identify ISO standards
- Accurate and realistic maintenance and overall plan and budget
- Ensure maximum availability and reliability of equipment
- Conformance to all legal statutory and Sasol requirements
- Provide specific expertise and in-section coaching and training and complex repairs
- Evaluate personnel training needs schedule for training
- Coach sub-ordinates towards requirements for next highest level
- Qualifications and expertise required (Must)
- National Senior Certificate / Full N3 / NCV Level 4 with Maths, Science, and
- English/ Business English
- NQF4 Trade Test (Electro Mechanic/Millwright)
- PLC experience (wish)
- Valid Red Ticket (or ability to obtain one)
- First Aid certificate
- Valid drivers license and own transport
- 2 to 5 years of experience as Electro Mechanic/Millwright
- Underground coal mining experience will be to your advantage
- Flameproof Certificate will be to your advantage
- Gas Testing (Fiery Mines) will be to your advantage
In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment, as part of the normal pre-employment selection criteria.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Competencies (skills, knowledge and characteristics)
- Team building and coaching skills
- Ability to plan, co-ordinate and control all activities
- Ability to drive QCDSM
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- Conceptual ability
- Problem solving and decision making
- Strategic planning
- Risk Assessment
Self-Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
Please note that the Sasol Group/ Sasol Mining will never request you to make cash deposits/ payments as part of the recruitment process.
Operating Model Entity: Sasol Mining, Various Shafts
Geographical Area: Secunda
Closing date: 31 January 2020
Click Here>>Apply Now<< To Apply
Apply For Related Post Here