MINER – SERVICES
PURPOSE AND ROLE:
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the position of Miner: responsible for controlling the relevant development mining services process by the optimal utilisation of people and equipment to achieve stipulated targets in accordance with the mining plan. The underground services will include, but not limited to, the underground services will include, but not limited to, fan installations, services pipes, ventilation walls, ventilation bags, refuge bays, sanitation and rehabilitation.
He/ she is accountable for:
- Coordinating and monitoring the relevant mining services activities to ensure adherence to mine standards and operational targets.
- Planning services activities in accordance with the mining plan and allocating resources as required.
- Coordinating shift hand over at the beginning of the shift by checking relevant documentation, the required physical mining activities and communicating tasks to team members of the relevant mining crew.
Please refer to the attached job description for further information:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (Education & Experience)
- Grade 12/ Std 10/ N3 or relevant NQF level 4 qualification
- Blasting Certificate for Underground Hard Rock
- Required classification as per VTS(Dover) testing for the role
- Minimum of 3 years’ underground development mining experience of which at least 1 year must have included the supervisory skills of planning, organizing, leading and controlling
- Knowledge and experience of:
- Underground mining practices and related operations environment
- Safety, Health and Environmental Legislation and standards applicable to underground mining
- Code B Driver’s License
- Computer Literacy
- Successfully obtain a Red Ticket (Medical Fitness certificate) to work underground
- Your consideration for employment is subject to your SAPS Criminal Record verification and qualifications verification.
- The incumbent will be required to work shifts.
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures
- Provide a role model in safety by consistently demonstrating required behaviours and championing safety values
- Ability to implement relevant UG mining drill and blast processes and practices in accordance with legislation
- Solid technical and operational knowledge in underground mining drill and blast operations
- Demonstrated experience of working in drill and blast operations in UG mines
- A methodical approach, good analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate information clearly and effectively, both verbally and in written form to supervisors, team members and other departments
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, and sometimes competing priorities
- Ability to work with a diverse and culturally different team and promote a high performance culture in the team.
- Resilience and the ability to adapt to change and deal with some degree of ambiguity
- Good working relations
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Emotional intelligence
- For internal applicants, you are required to attain your immediate line manager and Head of Department signature on your application form.
- Preference will be given to HDSA candidates and consideration will be given to the company’s Employment Equity Policy and Labour Plan.
- External search: Yes
- Secondment terms: No
- Submit applications on or before the Closing Date: 28 October 2019, 11:55 pm SA Standard Time
- Website: www.angloamerican.com/careers
- Apply Online Here For This Opportunity
Business Unit / Group Function:De Beers Group
Work type:Full Time Permanent
Applications close: South Africa Standard Time