Reference Number: WASA10030
Department: Water and Sanitation
Division: Strategic & Functional Planning
Salary: R 585 768 to R 803 556 p.a. (plus benefits)
- Manage an administrative function in the area planning office to meet predetermined requirements and ensure that departmental demands are met in the short to medium term
- Ensure effective implementation and integration of engineering management frameworks and prepare monthly reports for the Chief Engineer
- Advise on engineering plans and projects for the area of accountability by checking and approving engineering submissions from subordinates
- Check, support / not support and send written comments on all development applications to Chief Engineer for assessment, such as written comments on township establishment, rezoning, subdivision, consolidation and consent use
- Provide overall direction in terms of engineering management in respects of all new developments and impacts on infrastructure
- Engage with Chief engineer on risk and compliance matters and keep updated with latest policies, regulations, instructions and guidelines
- B Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Professional registration with ECSA
- Valid Code B driver’s license
- Computer literacy
- Note: The successful candidate who does not have the NQF Level 5 Finance Management qualification will be required to obtain it within 18 months, in terms of the National Treasury Requirement.
Enquiries: Tel: 0860 54 3000; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Or Apply Online Here
Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right not to appoint.
Primary Location: South Africa-Gauteng-Corporate
Work Locations: Corporate
Job: Engineer (Operational Planning & Development)|Professionals