A Research Nurse vacancy is available at our Client, Wits Health Consortium in Johannesburg – Gauteng.
Duties & Responsibilities
Wits Health Consortium (Pty) Limited (“WHC”) is a wholly owned Company of the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg (South Africa) under its Faculty of Health Sciences. WHC provides Faculty with a legal framework within which to operate the research and other activities necessary to support its academic objectives. In addition WHC offers a range of products and services to the Academics conducting these activities in order to assist with the management thereof.
Main purpose of the job
- To provide best practice clinical assessments and care, collection of specimens and data collection according to protocols and to provide pre- and post-test HIV counseling
- Wits RHI – CMJAH and Yeoville Research Sites
Key performance areas:
- Inform participants about the study
- Screen potential participants and obtain informed consent according to SOPs
- Appropriately respond to concerns raised by study participant during Informed consent (IC) administration
- Ensure GCP guidelines are adhered to during IC administration and form completion
- Draw blood from participants and send samples or specimens to laboratory
- Conduct physical examinations
- Perform HIV and pregnancy bedside tests
- Follow up with participant on Clinically significant lab results
- Treat diagnosis according to test results and sexually transmitted disease according to syndromic management guidelines or laboratory diagnoses
- Provide appropriate health education and adherence counselling where necessary
- Refer participants to alternative care if necessary
- Collect participant data and complete CRFs/study worksheets in accordance with GCP guidelines
- Maintain an inventory register of laboratory kits and supplies
- Compile relevant reports and feedback on all activities
- Timeously respond to Quality control queries raised on study documents
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrates effective self management
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained
- Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback
- Take ownership for driving own career development in attending training and development sessions and relevant meetings
Required minimum education and training
- Diploma in General Nursing (3 years)
- Valid driver’s license
Required minimum work experience
- Minimum 1-year research experience
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Diploma in Primary Health Care or similar will be an advantage
- Certification in good clinical practice
- Experience in a research environment
- Ordered and systematic with strict compliance to protocols
- Be tactful, respectful and maintain confidentiality
- Good administrative skills together with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Respectful with sound work ethic
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV – Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 22 August 2019.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
SCAM ALERT – PLEASE BE AWARE! NOT AJ PERSONNEL OR ANY REPUTABLE AGENCY NOR ANY CLIENT WILL ASK MONEY FOR INTERVIEWS. NO FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY INTERVIEWS OR OFFERING YOU A JOB!!! – DON’T BE SCAMMED!!!