Standard Bank is the largest bank in Africa and our highly visible brand, award-winning service, and strong global presence helps us maintain our market-leading position. We place huge value on the talent of our people to drive our continued success, and to support our plans for growth. We now need a talented and resourceful individual to help us fulfill our business objectives and build customer loyalty.
• To provide an efficient and effective point of contact for new and existing Personal Market customers within the Branch and through Proactive initiatives.
• To provide an onsite selling capability to lead sources.
• To acquire new bulk Personal and Inclusive market business within the relevant Region.
• To ensure that the customers’ banking needs are identified and fulfilled efficiently and cost-effectively, while managing the risks associated with new accounts, mandates and specimen signatures.
• Conducts joint calling in a planned manner with Consultant, Workplace Banking, Manager Acquisitions, Account Executives and Private Bankers to ensure business/personal interplay occurs.
• Proactively identifies and follows-up on new business in order to increase market share.
• Identifies and follows-up on cross-selling opportunities.
• Proactively grows/penetrates existing and new Workplace Banking portfolio of companies.
• Provides additional information to ensure support on products/services, and identifies problems.
• Ensures daily feedback to all relevant stakeholders.
• Pro-actively identifies migrations to Private Bank and Prestige offering.
• Identifies referral opportunities for Standard Bank of South Africa (SBSA) stakeholders.
• Provides a mobile primary point of contact to customers by identifying their financial/ transactional needs and recommends Bank products as solutions.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
• Related business/marketing degree would be an advantage
• You must complete one of the Qualifications listed on the FSB recognised list within the allocated time.
• 4-5 years banking experience
• Proven sales track record in the financial services industry.
• Experience in dealing with self-employed customers, high value/multi segment customers
• Pro-active hunting experience i.e. sales
• Stakeholder management experience
• Must have relevant intermediary experience in respect of the FAIS product subcategories applicable to this role
PLEASE NOTE: We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on 0800222050 or forward to TransactionFraudOpsSA@standardbank.co.za