The Foundation was founded on the philosophy of ‘ubuntu’, the African concept of giving and caring for your neighbour and other members of your community
Back to Find Funding
The Motsepe Foundation was started by the Motsepe family when they signed a pledge to contribute funds to disadvantaged individuals in South Africa. The foundation funds initiatives in cancer research, environmental conservation and protection as well as education. They’ve awarded more than 1800 bursaries in the past five years to students from poor families throughout South Africa.
Bursaries will be awarded to students within STEM fields related to: Arts, Agriculture, Business Studies, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Technology, Science and Medical Studies.
The following supporting documents need to be submitted:
– Certified copy of ID document
– Certified copy of parents/ guardians ID documents
– Certified copy of matric mid-year results if currently in matric OR matric certificate if completed matric
– University acceptance letter
– Certified copy of full academic record if currently at tertiary institution
– Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips/ employment letter/ SASSA grant letter/ affidavit for informal traders/ death certificate if deceased etc – more detail can be found on the application form)
– Must be a South African citizen
– Must prove financial need
– Achieved a minimum average of 70% in Matric (excluding Life Orientation)
– Studying (or intend on studying) in one of the aforementioned fields of study
– Have excellent academic results
We want you if
You’re a financially needy South African citizen from a disadvantaged background with a passion to use your skills to better the communities in South Africa as a result of this opportunity.
How to apply
- Application Form (DOWNLOAD)
Find out more about The Motsepe Foundation’s bursaries here
Full duration of studies, provided that students pass all modules.
Application Closing Date
14 October 2019
011 324 1500