Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment that’s driven by technology and has a strong focus on customer experience?
mrpmoney is looking for a self –motivated, passionate and energetic Stock Controller to join their dynamic team.
The Stock Controller will be responsible to ensure that all stock issues are resolved in order to support the availability of stock in mrpcellular divisional stores. The key focus of the role will include providing support for stock takes, reconciling stock differences, resolving stock disputes and providing preliminary reports on shrinkage in order to reduce the loss incurred by the business.
- Investigate discrepancies and feedback to Operations/Management & HR to take action accordingly.
- Provides assistance and support to the Planning Manager and Credit controller on store variances in order to limit discrepancies in stock.
- Assist stores with the preparation for stock takes from a system perspective.
- Monitors and maintains current inventory levels to ensure that stock balances per the system are accurate and complete.
- Monthly monitoring of write offs on Red World for various MRP cellular stores.
- Identify and investigate stock take variances, breakages and shortages in order to resolve differences and avoid loss.
- Assist with resolution of all stock-related queries and claims.
- Ensure all stock take data is properly updated by the systems division.
- Complete and validate stock take variance reports and results and use the reports to monitor shrinkage in order to reduce the loss incurred.
- Manage all store stock claims processes and resolution required with IT and insurance if necessary.
- Ensuring all stock counts (Cyclical & Financial) are prepared for, completed and reported on accurately for all stores to ensure effective management of stock.
- Ensure reports are run weekly to give an indication of Aging of Stock transfers that are outstanding in order to provide reasons and resolve queries in a timely manner.
- Monitoring of ‘out of box failure (OBF)’Investigate outstanding transfers to ensure stock is accounted for either by store or courier.
- Raise claims with vendors in order to locate unaccounted transfers.
- Investigate undelivered/missing transfers and submit claims to vendors for reimbursement.
- Take action on feedback from network providers and correct stock levels on the system/point of sale so stores can be replenished accordingly.
- Ensure credit notes tie up to the accepted claims therefore ensuring proof of credit.
Requirements and Skills
- Grade 12
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Stock Controller
- Knowledge of Stock controls systems
- Experience in a Cellular environment will be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills in English (Written & verbal)
- Computer literate (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook)
- Stock Administration skills
- Deadline Driven
- Advanced Planning and Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
A little about us:
Passion, value and partnership. If you believe in these core values, we believe you’re a perfect match for the Mr Price Group. The Mr Price Group has 6 trading divisions namely: mrp, mrphome, mrpsport, Miladys, Sheet Street and mrpmoney. We employ over 16000 people and retail in over 1000 South African based stores, almost 100 international stores and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
mrpmoney is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.