Base Chemicals markets a broad portfolio of commodity chemicals globally. The business consists of three key divisions: Polymers, Solvents, and Explosives & Fertilisers (E&F).
Our key products include:
polymers (polyethylene, polypropylene, polyvinyl chloride);
solvents (ketones, alcohols, acrylates), chlor-alkali chemicals (caustic soda, hydrochloric acid) and mining reagents (cyanide);
bulk and packaged explosives including specialised blasting accessories;
ammonium nitrate base products; and
To support our customers we operate a Polymer Technology Services Center that provides research and development relating to polymer-related applications. We also provide agronomic and product support to our fertiliser customers as well as full blasting service and product support to our mining industry customers.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
– To provide support to the Manager: Sales in managing the customer sales accounts in order to maximize short and medium term profitability of the company.
– To act as a direct link with the customer.
– Building and sustaining sound business relationships
– Managing team performance
– Continuously monitor and provide feedback to the relevant line manager on market intelligence (what’s trending on the market), which form the base of identifying key strategic issues facing customer portfolios
– B SC / B Degree in Mining Engineering ( Must)
– Blasting or Rock Breaker Certificate (must)
Business Unit: Base Chemicals
Closing date: 14 August 2019