The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is a leading scientific and technologyresearch organisation that researches, develops, localises and diffuses technologies to acceleratesocio-economic prosperity in South Africa. The organisation’s work contributes to industrial development and supports a capable state.
About the job:
The CSIR has a vacancy for a Housekeeper at the CSIR International Convention Centre (ICC). The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily upkeep of the facility, cleanliness of all areas with the key aim of enhancing the customers’ experience and also ensuring the visual and aesthetic quality of the CSIR ICC building and infrastructure is professionally maintained. The position is based in Pretoria.
The CSIR ICC is one of the leading convention centres in Africa. It is a 4-star establishment that hosts about 80 000 delegates annually from various leisure events to business meetings.
- Plan and implement the cleaning of all internal and external areas of the CSIR ICC including all related administrative requirements;
- Plan and coordinate the use of, ordering and storage of cleaning material and consumable stock and equipment;
- Ensure all of the Centre’s client facing facilities are presented timeously;
- Plan and supervise the work of the daily cleaning team, ad-hoc specialist cleaners and hygiene contractors;
- Supervise the laundry function to ensure that required levels of laundered linen stock are maintained;
- Identify maintenance requirements (furniture, fittings and facilities), log calls and ensure maintenance work is carried out to the required standard;
- Monitor condition of all general equipment and organize maintenance thereof;
- Fulfill the duties of Environment, Health and Safety representative for the CSIR ICC;
- Receive and dispatch client décor orders, checking quantities and breakage to ensure minimum liability to the CSIR ICC;
- Act as custodian of daily upkeep and servicing of staff canteen.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A matric or certificate, or diploma in housekeeping with at least five years’ experience in the same position or similar environment;
- Knowledge of linen and cleaning materials;
- General housekeeping skills;
- Storekeeping skills;
- Communication skills;
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
Closing date: 01 August 2019
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
The CSIR is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is committed to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.
The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at Recruitmentinfo@csir.co.za OR