About the job:
The CSIR has a vacancy for Marketing Coordinator at the CSIR International Convention Centre (ICC). The incumbent will research the market, plan and carry out marketing, promotion and public relations activities for the Centre. This position is based in Pretoria.
About the unit:
The CSIR ICC is one of the leading convention centres in Africa. It is a 4-star establishment that hosts about 80 000 delegates annually from various leisure events to business meetings.
- Compile and implement the annual media and promotions plan and budget.
- Monitor media, place advertisements, update and produce and distribute marketing materials,
- Maintain records and report on marketing activities.
- Produce and distribute press releases and other communication to gain maximum positive exposure for the CSIR ICC.
- Remain aware of developments in marketing trends and contribute to annual business and marketing strategic planning.
- Plan, coordinate and implement promotions and assist other marketing staff with implementing promotions
- Monitor and coordinate brand application and compliance on all material visible to clients
- Undertake social responsibility/donation initiatives activities obo the Centre and keep related records
- Plan and prepare exhibition stand and related material for trade shows
- Represent the Centre at industry networking events and trade shows
- Source, coordinate and manage services from marketing service providers
- Liaise with departments within CSIR ICC to motivate product development and conceptualise marketing initiatives for various products and services produced by the CSIR ICC.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A national diploma in marketing or public relations with at least three (3) years’ relevant experience in the marketing and public relations field preferably within the conference industry
- Knowledge of the marketing environment surrounding the conference industry
- Writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of brand application
- Negotiation skills
Closing date: 01 August 2019
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at Recruitmentinfo@csir.co.za