ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The design, implementation and management of Sasol Corporate Marketing, Events, Exhibitions and Branding initiatives in line with identified stakeholders’ requirements and business drivers, ensuring that these are governed by sound ethical, governance, project management and legal principles/practices.
The development of marketing tools, channels and content ensuring that messaging is sustained, promotes understanding and is of a high quality and enhances Sasol brand and reputation with its internal and external audiences.
- Thought leadership in the delivery of brand and marketing solutions for Sasol Mining based on the business and relevant stakeholders requirements, benchmarks and available resources
- Corporate Marketing solutions and projects designed and implemented in line with Sasol policies, governance and legal requirements and reported in terms of the relevant standards
- Development of the channels for the solutions envisaged and assessment of existing ones with the view to developing alternate ones where alignment with targeted audiences and resources is required
- Marketing channels developed and utilized in line with changing business environments, needs and value add
- Implementation of corporate marketing initiatives, i.e. Exhibitions, Events, Campaigns, Advertorials as well as Branding and Sponsorship management, to positively impact Sasol Mining’s reputation as informed by business and stakeholder environment scanning
- Development and implementation of corporate marketing initiatives aimed at enhancing Sasol Mining’s brand and reputation
- Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of project marketing solutions/campaigns against set objectives, standards, cost allocation, timeframes and Business expectations
- Application of and compliance with relevant policies, practices, standards, procedures and methods in the performance tasks
- Planning and executing Sasol Mining events and exhibitions as per agreed upon objectives, standards and cost allocation
- Events and exhibitions planned and executed as per agreed upon objectives, standards and cost allocation
- Contributing to the formulation of the departmental budget and tracking of the Corporate Marketing’s expenditure to ensure cost and benefit balance in the implementation of marketing solutions and projects
- Keeping and updating the Corporate Marketing budget spend in line with events, projects and solutions’ implementation, payments and monthly cost reports readily available, indicating the progress with expenditure and forecasts
- Taking responsibility to agree, review and achieve personal performance goals and alignment with business goals and supporting the Public Affairs department to achieve the team performance goals
- A demonstrated commitment to agreed performance goals, active participation in performance reviews and actions taken to achieve alignment of personal and business goals as agreed upon, and the appreciation of interdependent nature of the Public Affairs team for the achievement of the team performance goals
- Applying project management, problem solving and decision making principles in the performance of work and ensuring that marketing campaigns, projects and interventions are completed as scheduled
- Reports on marketing projects/interventions monitored and evaluated against set objectives, costs, safety considerations, timeframes, relevant stakeholder expectations and corrective actions where required
- Building, maintaining and optimizing relationships with stakeholders and suppliers, understanding their needs and contributions towards business goals
- Established relationships with stakeholders and suppliers, with expectations and roles clearly defined in the service level agreements in the achievement of business goals acknowledged in all interactions with them
Please note the following clauses:
- The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- A relevant B Degree in Communication Studies and Language or Public Affairs
- A Valid drivers lisence
Specific experience required
- Typically 5 years relevant experience
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- PEOPLE LEADERSHIP
- Inspirational – Authentically and inclusively engages people to follow; leads culture transformation.
- Builds Talent – Builds capability and leverages diversity for competitive advantage.
- SELF-MASTERY – Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
- PARTNERSHIP LEADERSHIP
- Influential – Persuades and influences stakeholders; builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes.
- Collaborative – Builds teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
How To Apply?
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
Closing date: 24 July 2019
Operating entity: Sasol Mining, Surface Services
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa