Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : Transnet NPA
Position Title : Building Inspector
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Property Mngt
Location : Durban
Reporting To : Facilities Manager
Grade Level : G
Reference Number : 10157336
Position Purpose :
To conduct inspections of buildings and/or structures within the Port of Durban to ensure compliance with national building
standards and South African building regulations, to monitor maintenance on structures and to ensure that structures comply
with approved plans.
Position outputs :
1. Inspect buildings and foundations during and after construction for structural quality, general safety and conformance to
specifications and codes.
2. Maintain daily logs and supplement inspection records with photographs.
3. Review and interpret plans, site layouts, specifications, and construction: methods to ensure compliance to legal
requirements and safety regulations.
4. Inspect and monitor construction sites to ensure adherence to safety standards, building codes, and specifications
Qualifications & Experience :
1. Standard equivalent to a senior certificate
2. A three (3) year tertiary education, at an accredited educational institution, in one of the following building disciplines:
(a) Civil engineering;
(b) Structural engineering;
(d) Construction Management;
(e) Quantity Surveying
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the building industry
• Valid Driver’s licence (Code 08)
•Working knowledge of the National Building Regulations.
•Working knowledge of SANS 10400 ·
•Knowledge of construction methods
•Knowledge of building standards
•Use of precision tools (to measure plans and structures on site)
• Ability to read and interpret building plans
• Ability to compile work specifications
• Report writing
• Maintenance management
• Quantity measurement
• Quality Control
How To Apply?
The closing date is on 12.07.2019. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any
suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.