REF: 36518/MUSC/Planning Assistant/280619
We are looking to recruit a permanent Planning Assistant to work within the Merchandise Planning department of Musica. The role will be based at Clicks Group Head Office and the successful individual will report to the Merchandise Planner.
Purpose and Objectives
To ensure purchase orders are placed accurately and timeously with suppliers for new releases including chart and report back to the business on any service delivery issues and ensure speedy resolution to maximise infill
- To ensure that new release orders have been placed according to the supplier release schedule and manage release date changes
- To ensure that new release and chart replenishment orders are processed and sent to suppliers the supplier release schedule and manage expected delivery times
- To ensure suppliers adhere to the supplier confirmed delivery times
- To liaise with the relevant stakeholders (DC, Suppliers, and Department etc.) to inform them of orders being placed and expected deliveries
- To liaise with the relevant stakeholders (DC, Suppliers, and Department etc.) resolve order queries to maximise availability
- To collaborate with suppliers on delivery exceptions (short/late deliveries, reasons for out of stocks, etc.) and assist with resolving the issues to maximise infill and achieve availability targets
- Report on poor supplier performance (infill, timeous delivery, etc.) to the Department planner to enable corrective action to be taken
- To place ad hoc orders and track them through the supply chain when required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Essential: Grade 12
- 1-2 years experience in supply chain retail environment (Essential)
Job Knowledge and Skills Required:
- 1 year retail administrative experience
- 1 year knowledge of supply chain and buying processes (desirable)
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Time Management
- Working with People
- Adhering to Principle and Values
- Planning and Organising
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
Closing Date:05 July 2019
Kindly note only applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted.
We are committed to the principles of Employment Equity.