REF: 36509/CLCK/Macro Space Manager/270619
To manage the people, processes, parameters and interests of affected stakeholders relating to the distribution of macro space on floor plans and ensure effective and timeous communication.
Purpose and Objectives
• To deliver the ideal distribution of macro space and range throughout the Clicks chain through the management of the Macro Space Planning team.
• To manage the distribution of work and maintain the necessary tracking documents required to ensure timeous delivery of projects.
• To fulfil a liaison and problem-solving role between stores, merchandise and store design and development with regards to merchandise flow, adjacency, space allocation and associated equipment.
• To maintain and build liaison and networking relations between all stakeholders pertaining to the distribution of space and consequent ranging.
• To play an active role in the on-going process of allocating macro space on store plans in existing and proposed new and revamp stores.
• To identify and implement opportunities to maximise the return on space, while minimising flow and adjacency compromise and deviation from consistency and chain store image.
• To maintain and build relations while pursuing maximum benefits from the interdependency between Macro and Micro space.
• To ensure accurate management of data and recording of proposals to enable the facilitation of future planning and communication.
• To provide advice to the business on flow and adjacency principles.
• To maximise the business co-op opportunity within parameters, ensuring alignment between the store plans and co-op system.
• Essential: An understanding of consumer shopping habits (Advanced)
• Essential: General understanding of the category planning process (Intermediate)
• Essential: General understanding of new store opening and equipping processes (Intermediate)
• Essential: End-to-end business process knowledge (Basic)
Job Related Skills:
• Essential: General and people management skills (Intermediate)
• Essential: Computer literacy (Intermediate)
• Desirable: CAD computer skills (Basic)
• Essential: 3-5 years space planning and category management experience
• Essential: 3-5 years relevant experience within a retail environment (sales or visual merchandising)
• Desirable: 3-5 years’ experience in store operation management
• Essential: 3 year appropriate retail focused tertiary diploma/degree with the following subjects: General Management (Desirable); CAD Drawings (Desirable)
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Persuading and Influencing
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Planning and Organising
- Following Instructions and Procedures
Closing Date:04 July 2019
Kindly note only applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted.
We are committed to the principles of Employment Equity.