Our company is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Metrology Technician Bodyshop to join our dynamic team.
To support Dimensional Control Department activities namely: Operating and Maintaining 3D CMM, Portable Measuring Faro arm, 3D Gom Scanner Measurements, and daily achievement of Dimensional Quality Improvements.
- Able to perform task with minimum supervision.
- Able to use and maintain all materials, tools and parts required for the task
- Able to diagnose and solve problems involved in the task.
- Achieves specified quality standards.
- Maintain housekeeping standards.
- Conforms to O.H.&S. standards.
- Communicates all information to the appropriate personnel.
- Shift work required
- Updating and maintain Web based Data Management System inline to Ford global standards.
- Adhere and Perform Measurement Schedules timeously
- PP & PPK Continuous Improvement in assigned area
- Setup/operate PCF Facility to drive part quality improvements and validations.
- Operate and tabulate results on Metrology equipment.
- Operate and support FAI Fits Gate & Door closing Effort Systems
PERFORMANCE MEASURES/SUCCESS CRITERIA
- Performance to Targets Set
- Adhere to Control Plan Requirements for Measurements
- Drive to achieve monthly/Weekly scorecard/personal objectives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES (KSA)
- Computer literate ,
- PCDMIS Cad ++ , CAMX and Polyworks programming
- 3D GOM, CMM Measuring And Faro / Romer arm measuring.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- National Diploma: Engineering (Mechatronics)
- Tool Jig & Die maker Advantageous
- 2-3 years experience in 3D GOM Scanning, CMM Measuring, Faro / Romer/Faro arm measuring
Package & Remuneration
Salary: Market Related
Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of
the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of Ford Motor Company
LocationFord Motor Company of South Africa (Pty) LTD
P.O. Box 411,Pretoria, 0001 Gauteng, South Africa